As of Tuesday April 1 2014 the APFS system has updated each username to match their email address. This change only impacts users who had a different username than their email address. Examples of impacted users: those who switched legal names, those who changed components, and those who were assigned a new email address for structural reasons.
- If you have already accessed the new APFS version, your username has changed to your current email address.
- If you need to reset your password, use your current email address.
- John's original APFS login was email@example.com
- While using the prior APFS version, John was reassigned the email address firstname.lastname@example.org
- John continued to use email@example.com to log in, but received correspondenced at firstname.lastname@example.org
- As of April 1, John will use email@example.com to log into APFS